Here is another fun variation of a raw nut bite.
I always find myself with a mason jar full of roasted cashews. So, I'm constantly creating variations of grain-free bars and bites to snack on.
All you need is a food processor and you are good to go.
I like to call these cookie bites because they are sweet like a cookie, but without the added sugar! And they taste fresh from the lemon zest and juice.
Plus, calling them a "cookie bite" will get anyone to grab one -- even a four-year-old (trust me, I tried it).
Just roll 'em up and pop one in!
Raw Lemon Cookie Bites
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- the zest and juice from 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil, optional
- In a food processor, process the dates until chopped. Add the nuts and process until finely chopped.
- Add in the coconut and the zest and juice from one lemon. I only use about 1/2 tsp. of the zest. Add a small pinch of salt. Process until the mixture is combined. It should stay together when you pinch it. If it's too dry, add a teaspoon of melted coconut oil...some times I add it - some times I don't!
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl. Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate until hardened.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for the week.
You could buy bars & bites at the store. But trust me... homemade tastes best.