super matcha green tea smoothie
matcha green tea.
It has become one of my favorite ingredients to add to my morning breakfast smoothie.
It is a ground Japanese green tea.
Unlike regular tea, matcha is ground into a fine powder.
Instead of steeping it, you blend it into water and drink it. So, since you actually drink the ground tea, you are getting all of the nutrients.
I either mix 2 teaspoons of matcha powder into about 1 cup warm water or 1 cup coconut water.
Then I blend it up with my other green smoothie staples: fresh parsley and mint, spinach, banana, turmeric, chia seeds..
and bee pollen, which has also become an obsession of mine.
If I make it the night before, the chia seeds thicken the smoothie. So, as with my other smoothies, I eat this the following morning with a spoon.
I created this smoothie not knowing what I would think of it. Well…I’ve had it every morning for the past two weeks.
So I definitely stand behind this one!
Add this refreshing energy boost to your day, and I bet you won’t be needing that morning coffee as soon as you usually do.
matcha green tea smoothie
- 1 cup warm water or 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 medium banana, chopped
- handful fresh mint and/or parsley
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- few pinches of turmeric and cinnamon
- splash of lemon juice (optional)
- Whisk matcha tea into warm water or coconut water. Pour into blender or magic bullet with the rest of the ingredients and blend until very well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Enjoy or refrigerate until ready to eat.
I like to sprinkle even more bee pollen and chia seeds on top for extra crunch.