I have made countless double chocolate chip cookies. I love them all… but this recipe is at the top my list.
I swear, it’s realllllllly good. It's like a brownie, or fudge, or both.
So make them right now and share them with others. Or just enjoy them all to yourself, I won’t tell.
It's a chocolate addiction. A chocolate overdose.
I wish I knew a cure.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 10 ounces 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (I use almost all of an 11.5 oz. bag of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips, then added the rest of the chips to the dough)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (or whole-wheat pastry flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter. Or microwave in 20 second intravals, stirring in between, until just about melted (and then stir until smooth)
- In electric mixture, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.
- In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm (about an hour)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place slices 1 ½ inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Let cool on baking sheet.
TIP: don’t overbake! With double-chocolate cookies, it’s hard to tell when they are done. But when they start to krinkle… and you think the inside is still a little underdone, that’s when you take them out. They will finish cooking as they cool on the sheets. And they will still be soft…perfect!