Here is a healthy roasted nut recipe to whip up for your family this week. Something to munch on between the holiday meals.
The rosemary will make the house smell like Christmas. Plus, the herb gives these nuts that extra special touch. The kind that makes you go back for more.
I brought a jar home for the holidays and it was already polished off by Christmas Eve….
So I will most likely be making more of these tomorrow.
I always end up throwing some pecans into this mix as well.
Rosemary & Olive Oil Roasted Almonds with Sea Salt
- 2 cups whole, raw almonds
- ½ - 1 cup raw pecan halves (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary sprigs
- ½ tsp. Chile powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- dash of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined and well coated. Arrange almonds on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Take out and let cool. Store in a jar at room temperature.
I keep a mason jar of these rosemary nuts on my kitchen shelf to snack on during the week.
I also love to chop them up and toss in salads.
Give it a try!