In the alley behind my house, we have bushes of raspberries. Every summer, my family would pick buckets of the berries. These homegrown berries are still the only ones I like to use in my raspberry jam.
My mom freezes the fresh berries in large plastic bags so they will keep all winter long.
When I go home, I sneak a bag of frozen berries back to St. Louis and keep them in my freezer.
So I have a taste of those summer raspberries in my winter smoothies.
Like in this detox raspberry chia smoothie.
Because right now everything is white & snowy outside… and I am yearning for those summer berries.
I make this for a quick on-the-go breakfast (literally, on-the-go). I throw in spinach sometimes to get in some greens.
Try out this clean, fresh & detoxifying combo this week!
raspberry & banana chia smoothie
makes 1 serving
- ½ large banana, frozen and sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼- ½ cup cold water
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend up all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet until very smooth.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator until you eat it. You can whip it up the night before. Just shake it up when you are ready to enjoy.
stay fresh ya’ll.