I blame these on Pinterest.
Or…maybe I blame myself for ever getting a Pinterest account.
But, you know what? I am pretty excited that this “Thin Mint” copycat was ever invented. And I am excited I stumbled upon a blog that made them.
You gotta try it!
It’s pretty crazy how these taste like the real deal you buy from those Girl Scouts every year.
Plus, these take like 15 minutes to make. It takes only three ingredients and no baking is even required.
I know, I know. I didn’t believe it either…
Now, I have to admit, I am not one to buy packaged cookies. So I didn’t quite feel myself at the store’s checkout.
But, we are going to call this a special occasion.
You can buy regular Oreos. Or, to make this gluten-free, buy Newman O’s by Newman’s Own Organics.
- 10 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate (60% cocoa)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 20 oreos, with the icing scrapped out (or Newman-O’s)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals until melted. add in the peppermint extract.
- Dip the chocolate wafers in the melted chocolate until coated. lift out with a fork and place on parchment paper to dry (place in refrigerator to speed the process).
- Freeze or enjoy at room temperature.
Now, once I get a recipe for Samoas (#1 best girl scout cookie in my book)…
I’ll be taking any orders for special delivery.