Halloween is almost here.
So you probably have some candy corn on hand. The little orange-yellow-white candies scream Halloween to me.
If you like the combo of candy corn & peanuts, then you will love this peanut butter cookie.
And these are sure to please those little ghosts and goblins too!
Peanut Butter Candy Corn Cookies
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup candy corn, broken in half
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Or spray the sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt; stir well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
[Baking Note: I use all -natural peanut butter. It creates a denser and thicker cookie]
- Add the egg and beat until blended. Gradually add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the candy corn.
- Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough on to prepared pans about 2 inches apart. Slightly, flatten cookies with a fork or back of spoon.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the bottom of cookie is lightly brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for two minutes and place onto cooling rack.
[Baking Note: when you bake these it is normal if the candy corn melts on the sheet. just use the back of a spatula and reshape the cookies if they loose a circle shape. push the melted candy back into the cookie or cut if off before it hardens]
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days or store in the freezer for up to 3 months
My Baking Tip: I confess… the candy corn melted all over my cookie sheets and hardened. I had a really awesome time scrapping it all off.
So learn from my mistake and use parchment paper on top of the sheets! Or, just scrap off any melted candy before it hardens.