Extra Bonus: This recipe doesn’t even require a mixer.
Whole-Wheat M&M Cookies
(Adapted from my Chocolate Chip Cookies )
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 or more cups m&m’s
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugars until they are combined Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Gradually add flour and mix until a dough forms. Fold in the m&m’s.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (large cookies) or 8-12 minutes (small cookies) or until the edges are slightly brown and middle puffs up. Rotate sheets halfway through the baking.
- Take out of oven before they look completely done and let cool on the sheet.
-BAKING TIP: I add more M&M’s to the tops of the cookies right when I take them out. Go big or go home, right?
There is nothing quite like a home-made cookie. Maybe one day, you can buy them from my bakery. Until then, attempt to make them yourself and share them with others.
Smiles all around. :)