honey & mustard roasted cashews
I’ve been hooked on these cashews the past couple of months.
In fact, after work tonight I finished off the last few I had in a jar…
So, it’s about time I share the recipe!
Because some days we need to switch up that handful of raw almonds or trail mix… and sub in these honey & mustard cashews.
I keep them in a jar and snack on them all week (if they make it that long).
I just love the combination of sweet honey with the mustard…and then the kick of heat from the red pepper flakes.
The combo just works. Which is why these are addicting.
So you will probably want to double the batch…
And then make it weekly.
Honey & Mustard Roasted Cashews
recipe adapted from Joy the Baker
- 2-3 cups raw cashews, whole
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground yellow mustard seed
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together honey, olive oil, mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. (heat the honey to make it thinner to stir easily and then coat the nuts). Toss cashews into mixture and stir until all of the cashews are coated.
- Spread cashews in a single layer on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes. Stir once about halfway through cooking time. Keep an eye on the cashews after about 12 minutes. they can burn quickly!
Remove from oven. Toss to coat and loosen them from the pan. Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
I like to package these up, label them, and give a bag to a friend or family.
Or, put them out in a bowl at your next get together. I sure will be!