Larabars: protein-packed, minimal ingredients, sugar-free, grain-free, dairy-free…
Pretty much the star of all bars.
If you are like me and grab Larabars at the grocery store for a snack on-the-go, then you gotta check these homemade Larabars out!
In law school, I found myself eating them while running from class to the gym. Now, they serve as a mid-day snack any day of the week.
Since Larabars have such few ingredients, they are the easiest bars to make.
So today I’m sharing the recipe for Larabar’s pecan pie flavor.
All you need is a food processor and you are good to go! No baking required.
These taste just like the pecan pie Larabar sold at grocery stores.
You’ll be hooked.
Homemade Pecan Pie Larabars
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- In a food processor, blend the almonds and pecans until very finely chopped.
- Add in the dates and process until it is all combined and finely chopped. The mixture should hold together if you pinch it. If the mix seems too dry, I add 1 tsp. of coconut oil.
- SOAKING DATES: If the dates I buy seem hard or dry, then I soak them in warm water for about 15-30 minutes before processing them with the nuts. After soaking, just drain the water and add dates to the food processor. If the dates are soft, you can skip this step.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Cut into rectangles or squares. Wrap the bars into plastic wrap for on-the-go accessibility. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Share some of these with your runner buds. They will flip.