This is a refreshing drink that I make for breakfast often.
This month, my mom let me take some of her parsley that was taking over her backyard garden.
Now, with a huge pot of the herb in my apartment, it has made a great addition to one of my favorite morning green drinks.
Parsley is not only rich in vitamins, but it reduces water retention and bloating, making it a great detox smoothie ingredient.
It is a refreshing drink that will leave you feeling good.
I hope you all love this drink as much as I do!
Fresh Parsley - Lemon - Ginger Green Drink
makes 2 servings
- 1 3/4 cups coconut water
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 bananas
- 1 big handful fresh parsley leaves (stems on)
- 1 big handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen (optional)
- In a blender, blend all ingredients until very smooth and frothy. 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into jars and enjoy.
Another Monday = Another fresh start.