Here is one of life’s easiest sweet treats – chocolate bark.
If you go get yourself the very best block of dark chocolate, you are already halfway there.
Top the melted chocolate with any combination of dried fruit or nuts you’d like. Here, I use dried golden figs and toasted pecans.
Dark Chocolate Bark
- 1 lb block very good quality dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup dried figs, sliced.
- With a sharp knife, chop the chocolate. Then, place the chocolate in a microwave-save bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds. When the chocolate is almost all melted, take out and stir until it is completely smooth. (You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler or stainless steel saucepan)
- Pour the melted chocolate on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and with a spatula, spread out the chocolate on the sheet to desired thickness. Place the pecan pieces and sliced figs (or dried cherries or blueberries) over the chocolate.
- Place the sheet pan in the refrigerator and chill until it is hard. Then, with a sharp knife, cut into squares or break up bark into pieces with your hands. Store in an airtight container.
A bit of dark chocolate in your diet is a good thing. :)