creamy orange smoothie
I think it’s time for a new smoothie combo.
And one that is not just for your busy weekday morning.
I made this on a Saturday….and that Saturday was a great day.
The recipe is inspired by an orange smoothie I saw in Self Magazine. I was intrigued by the combination:
oranges + carrots + almond butter + turmeric
This is an anti-inflammatory, vitamin-filled drink.
I prefer this after a long weekend run.
And poured into a mason jar. :)
Creamy Orange Smoothie
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large orange peeled and chopped
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or 20 almonds)
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- add ¼ cup ice, if desired
- Blend the carrots and oranges in a blender. Add the liquids, zest, and spices. Add the almond butter and blend for a few minutes.
- Add ice, if desired until it is the consistency you want.
Make this for your next morning or mid-day meal.
It packs more punch than your average OJ.