Do you find yourself buying those little Quaker's Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars?
Well, even you don't buy them (I personally don’t)… who cares.
It makes it all the more fun to make them yourself.
One bowl, one pot, and one pan.
One day, I will stop baking and only cook.
…when pigs fly.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup rice krispies cereal (I like the brown rice, Rice Krispies)
- handful of mini chocolate chips (to cover the bars with)
- In a large bowl mix oats, cereal and salt.
- In a pot over medium heat, melt butter, sugar and honey. When it begins to bubble, reduce the heat and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add hot mixture to the oat mixture. Stir until combine.
- Press into a greased pan (a 9X12 inch pan or whatever size you want, depending on how thick you want the bars). You can push the mixture to one side of the pan if it is too large)
- Press the granola into the pan and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over it. Press the chips into the pan.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Then invert onto a cutting board and cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
These bars are no-bake and super super fast…
I just might make them again tomorrow.