Because you really can’t have enough chocolate chip cookies.
Especially on memorial day weekend.
And especially surrounded by family, friends, pools, and cookouts.
I made these cookies this past weekend to take some over to my sister’s new apartment.
Her and her husband recently moved their wedding and event videography business, Burlap, to St. Louis (check their website out at burlapevents.com). Her husband loves chocolate chip cookies. So with a new kitchen not yet filled with food, it seemed perfect to drop off a package with some of these cookies.
This is a recipe I have blogged about a few times. It is from the Baking Illustrated cookbook (highly recommend getting it).
It’s a great one! One of my favorites.
You will find your friends and family (and yourself) enjoying more than one…
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from Baking Illustrated)
- 2 cups and 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate chunks (bittersweet works great too)
- Melt butter in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted and let slightly cooled.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, mix butter with sugars until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs until combined. Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate until combined.
-Scoop tablespoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 325 degee oven for about 10-12 minutes. Rotate sheets halfway through baking. Take out when edges are turning golden and middle is still soft (this will keep it gooey in middle and will finish baking when cooling on the sheet pan)
- Let cookies cool on the sheet pan and then store in airtight container.
Like a chocolate chip cookie should be, this is best shared with friends and family.
I preferred having one with my dad this weekend.