Here is another smoothie for you all.
Lately, I’ve been really into making this one.
Because I love basil… and grow way too many varieties of it.
Because I love blueberries… and buy way too many frozen bags of them.
And because there is just something so easy about blending things up.
This drink is inspired by a recipe that takes tahini and hemp seeds. But, I throw in sesame seeds and ground flaxseeds to hit the same flavors and nutritional kick.
Switch up your routine and try this one.
Blueberry Basil Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen (or fresh)
- 1/2 - 1 frozen banana
- 5-7 large basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. tahini or sesame seeds (any other nut works too)
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup skim milk (use as much as needed. I also like using greek nonfat yogurt)
- Blend up all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Enjoy right away or chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
This recipe will make about 1 serving.
So I usually double it … to fill more mason jars.