I always see recipes for chocolate-dipped bananas. Basically melt any type of chocolate, dip in banana slices, and sprinkle with whatever toppings you want. Then freeze to let harden.
Yummm, right? Well this is a little twist on the chocolate dipped bananas. If you love peanut butter and bananas sandwiches… you will love these. Plus, it’s about the easiest sweet treat ever. Which is excellent because let’s face it…sometimes you just don’t have time.
Just melt Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and dip the bananas in it. I also add honey to the melted chips before I dip. If you thought peanut butter just couldn't get any better… try it with honey :)
Peanut Butter Bananas
- 1-2 cups of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (less if you only use 1 banana)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 2 bananas, cut sliced
- Chopped peanuts (or any toppings you prefer)
- Melt peanut butter chips in microwave or in a double boiler on the stove (In a bowl placed over a pot of simmering water). I find it is easiest to melt the chips in the microwave. I do it in 15 second intervals (to avoid burning) stir after each interval until the chips are melted. Stir until smooth. Stir in honey.
- Dip banana slices in the melted peanut butter chips. You can completely cover the bananas with the melted peanut butter. Sometimes I like to just cover the top half. If the peanut butter won’t stick, don’t worry. You may just have to press it around the bananas and just work with it.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
- Let set in fridge or freezer to harden.