Whoo hooo for nice weather here in the Midwest! It's the perfect time to share a nice, cool smoothie bowl with you.
Lately I've been making this bowl in the mornings because it's so fast with few ingredients. And it uses up the avocados I buy before they turn brown. I always find myself buying too many avocados, which means 1 or 2 to go bad on my counter before I get a chance to use them! Nothing more sad than throwing away a bad avocado... :(
With this smoothie, I get the healthy fats of the avocado blended into what tastes like berry soft serve.
Now that's a win-win.
Berry-Avocado Smoothie Bowl
(makes 1 serving)
- 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, of choice (I've been using wild blueberries and raspberries)
- 2/3 cup skim milk or a non-dairy milk of choice
- big scoop of avocado (or 1/2 of a small avocado)
- splash of orange juice or fresh lemon juice, optional
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until very smooth. Add a splash more OJ or a splash of cold water if the smoothie appears too thick. (You can also add more berries, to sweeten it to your preference - it's flexible!)
- Once smooth, pour/scoop into a bowl and top of more berries if desired.