Happy Sunday! I wish the weekend wasn't over yet, but what else is new?
When Sunday evening rolls around, I always get a bit sad that the weekend flew by so quick. Last night my family celebrated my mom and sister's birthday, complete with a cookie cake and ice cream. Now it doesn't get much better than that!
As I've mentioned in a recent post, I haven't been in the kitchen as much as I'd like to lately. We are so thrilled to announce that I'm having a little girl this summer, but man oh man has it knocked me off my feet! But things are looking up lately, and cookies on cookies on cookies have been on my mind blog-wise.
So to make your work week ahead a bit brighter, I'm sharing my current FAVORITE cookie. It's loaded with peanut butter, dark chocolate and oats. Pretty much a winning combination. And it's gluten-free!
Gluten-Free Oatmeal & Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free, old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups of chopped good-quality dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Add in the eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Fold in the oats until combined. Then, fold in the dark chocolate chunks. You can also use chocolate chips. Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes until golden brown on the edges. Take out and let cool for a few minutes and then let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in airtight container for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.