Happy New Year!
I love the start of a new year. More so because of all the inspiration to eat clean and move more. Now, I'm not talking about resolutions that last one month and die... I'm talking about an overall look at what we are doing in our daily lives and we either continue doing it, or we tweak it a bit to make our bodies feel better.
In the spirit of cleaning up my lifestyle & diet, I've been making my go-to green smoothie bowl with breakfast. I've shared many versions of this smoothie on my blog. But, I can't think of a better recipe post to start off this new year!
Green Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large banana (reserve 1/4 for topping)
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tangerine orange (or 1/2 navel orange), peeled
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (plus extra for topping)
- 1/2 - 1 LARABAR of choice, crumbled (for topping)
- Blend the banana, spinach, orange, coconut water and chia seeds in a high-speed blender until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes. The trick is to keep blending it! Even if it looks done, blend it 30 seconds more.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the extra sliced banana, chia seeds and a crumbled LARABAR of choice. Or another grain-free, whole-food bar.
I hope you are all as inspired as I am to start fresh this month.
And for anyone in the St. Louis area - I am teaching a healthy eating class at Bowood Farms in the Central West End on Saturday, January 14th! Click here for more information on how to sign up. I'll be sharing some of my favorite recipes and demonstrating smoothie bowls, energy bites & non-dairy milks... my go-to healthy staples. And I would love to see you all there. :)