Soooo, I made these bites.
And then I made them again.
And now, I can't stop making them...
Soooo, you should all probably experience these as well!
I like to use one of my favorite almond flours - Almond Pro. It's a high protein almond flour made with one ingredient - almonds.
These bites are made with all good stuff - with a hit of dark chocolate to make them feel like a treat. The vanilla extract with the chocolate creates a chocolate chip cookie dough-like feeling and flavor. That is, without the butter, flour or eggs.
These are easy, fun and my new favorite treat...
Cookie Dough Bites
(Makes 18-20 bites)
- 10 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 3 heaping Tablespoons natural almond butter (I prefer unsalted & crunchy)
- 1/4 cup almond flour, plus extra for rolling the bites in
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients except for the dark chocolate chips.
- Once the ingredients are finely blended and coming together, add the chocolate chips and process for a few seconds, just to incorporate the chocolate. (The mixture may appear crumbly but should stick together when you press it into a ball.)
- Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls. Then, roll those balls in the extra almond flour, to lightly coat.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to one week, or you can store in the refrigerator.
As always - real food tastes real good. :)