Don't you love spring?! I'm starting to spot trees with little green leaf buds and flowers, which is such a great feeling. Like the world is coming back to life and starting fresh again.
This smoothie reminds me of spring - green, fresh, light and makes me feel energized.
I treat this smoothie bowl as a cold soup. I pour it in a bowl, top with chia seeds, bee pollen and unsweetened coconut and indulge with a spoon.
The trick is to blend the smoothie longer than you usually would. I keep my running for a minute or two, and the result is the smoothest smoothie bowl, with no pieces left behind.
You know me and my smoothie kicks. I can't have enough variations...
Green Strawberry-Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana, peeled and diced
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 1/4 cups natural coconut water
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen (make sure the fruit is unsweetened!)
- Toppings: chia seeds, bee pollan, banana, unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a blender, place all of the ingredients and blend for 1-3 minutes, until very well blended.
- Pour into a bowl or large mason jar and top with the optional toppings. Enjoy with a spoon!