Do you want to know what's like, the best thing ever? Dried mango.
I'm referring to the unsweetened, totally natural kind. Where the only ingredient is - you guessed it - mango.
Now, in an ideal world, I would spend an afternoon in my kitchen, leisurely slicing and drying my own mango. But, since I'm in an office most afternoons, and far from my little kitchen, I resort to picking up a bag at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.
Either way, I tell you... dried mango will satisfy any sugar craving. But with no added sugar! Now that, my friend, is nature's sweetness.
I think dried mango is perfect all on its own. But, when the thoughts of mango, almonds & coconut entered my mind, I started creating this chewy, grain-free bar.
These are packed with a punch with the chia seeds, roasted almonds and almond butter. I recommend you wrap one up for on-the-go, or enjoy as a treat following a light dinner.
Mango & Almond Butter Energy Bars
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 6-8 pitted Medjool dates (6 if they are very large)
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened mango, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a food processor, blend the dates with the almonds until finely ground. Add in the mango and process until finely chopped. Add in the almond butter, coconut and the remaining ingredients.
- Process the mixture until very finely chopped and starting to hold together when you pinch it.
- Line a small 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Press the mixture into the pan. Flatten and smooth out the top of the mixture. Freeze or refrigerate until firm. Then pull up on the sides of the parchment paper to remove the bars. Place on cutting board and cut into bars of desired size.
- Store in the refrigerator for the week.