Yesterday, I picked peaches and blackberries at Eckerts Orchard by St. Louis.
So today, we are talking about peaches.
Lately, I've been making this fruit parfait during the week for my boyfriend. I make it in a mason jar at night and put it in the fridge. Then, he enjoys it the next morning, no prep needed!
I bake up the granola on a Sunday and it lasts all week. My small recipe can be made quickly on the stove and stored in a mason jar on the counter.
Small Batch Stove-Top Granola
- 1 heaping cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Melt the coconut oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat until melted. Add the honey or sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Take off the heat and add the cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine. Then add the oats and nuts and stir to coat. Cook back on the heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Take off the heat and let cool. Store in a mason jar at room temperature.
Fresh Fruit Parfait
- 1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt or coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches (1/2 large peach)
- In a mason jar, put 2 tablespoons of yogurt on the bottom, sprinkle some granola and chopped fruit. Keep layering in the mason jar with the yogurt, granola and fruit. Top with any extra fruit and granola and a dash of cinnamon.
- Store in the refrigerator with a lid until ready to enjoy. I make these at night for the following morning.
Switch up the parfait by adding different fruits.
Here are my other recent combinations:
- chopped bananas + blueberries + almonds
- strawberry jam + chopped bananas
- chopped sweet cherries + bananas