These quick & easy little bites are based off the ever-popular Cherry Pie Larabar.
I call these "quick & easy" because, well, they only have 3 ingredients! And they will take, oh, about 5 minutes to make.
Dried Cherries + Dates + Almonds = the perfect combination.
I add in a few dashes of cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt, just because.
These will make about 10 bites.
Cherry Pie Bites
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3-4 dashes of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Blend the dates and cherries in a food processor until chopped. Add the almonds and process until the almonds are finely chopped. I prefer the almonds a bit chunky and not completely blended into a paste with the dates and cherries.
- Add a few dashes of cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and keep chilled in the refrigerator.
I prefer the unsweetened dried bing cherries or unsweetened dark sweet cherries sold at Trader Joe's. I always seem to have a bag of them in my cabinet... because you never know when the cherry pie bite craving will hit.
If you keep your pantry stocked with bulk raw nuts and unsweetened dried fruit - your possibilities are endless.