A fresh orange tastes best during the winter months, when the fruit is in season. It's right about now when oranges start to add a fresh, sweet zing to the darker, colder days...
And you can't go wrong with little clementines. So sweet. So easy to peel. So easy not to get juice all over you when you eat them.
So naturally, let's dip this fruit in dark chocolate, sprinkle it with roasted nuts and make ourselves a little winter treat.
Dark Chocolate Dipped Clementines
- 2-3 ounces good-quality dark chocolate (about 1/4 cup if using dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3-4 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds (or pistachios), chopped
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate with the coconut oil for 30 seconds. Stir and then heat in microwave for about 15 more seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Take the peeled and separated clementines and dip one-half of each segment into the melted dark chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the chocolate-dipped half with chopped roasted almonds. Continue until all the segments are dipped and sprinkled with nuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set. Keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Make these for yourself or easily serve them at your next holiday party!